The results are in for last week’s final exam and The Tutor is proud to announce that his students continues to excel, rounding off the semester with a class average of 95%! Congratulations, students!
For your records, here are the answers to the final exam:
- In Lesson I, “How To Paint A Straight Line”, what does The Tutor say a border facilitates? Answer: c.) the illusion of conformity
- In Lesson II, “Sharpening Our Pencil”, what will The Tutor not tolerate in his classroom? Answer: b.) a dull instrument
- Finish the following statement by The Tutor from Lesson III, “Organizing Our Workspace”: “The more ordered our instruments of expression, _____________.” Answer: d.) the more chaotic our creativity can become
- In Lesson IV, “The Correct Way to Hold a Pencil”, which body part does The Tutor say should be kept tight while drawing? Answer: b.) the wrist
- In Lesson V, “Posing Our Subject”, our still life should be treated as what? Answer: a.) our altar
- When “Selecting a Subject” in Lesson VI, The Tutor says we should avoid what? Answer: c.) a fidgety subject
- According to The Tutor, in Lesson VII, “Large to Small”, what approach should be used when sketching our subject? Answer: c.) rough in the large shapes first, then finesse the details
- In Lesson VIII, “Back to Front”, The Tutor advises that we begin by painting what? Answer: d.) the background elements
- The title of Lesson IX, “Dark to Light”, is in reference to what? Answer: c.) paint values
- According to The Tutor in Lesson X, “The Details”, we must resist the urge to do what? Answer: a.) apply finishing strokes to our work before it is time
- In Lesson XI, The Tutor uses what part of his subject’s anatomy to demonstrate how to paint “Highlights”? Answer: b.) her eyes
- According to The Tutor, what’s the answer to the question posed in the title of Lesson XII, “How Do We Know When A Painting is Done?” Answer: c.) when our subject no longer fills us with delight
- In Lesson XIII, The Tutor compares “Signing Our Work” to what? Answer: a.) marking our territory
- Finish the following statement by The Tutor from Lesson XIV, “Molting”: The transformation of a blank canvas into a completed painting should _____________.” Answer: c.) take us on a journey
- Zydrate comes in what? Answer: d.) a little glass vial
The Tutor looks forward to seeing you at our graduation party at The Tutor’s Gallery on October 23. Everyone is welcome and tickets to the event are now available. Exclusive Tutor merchandise packs—which include a t-shirt, button, and autographed poster—are also available with your ticket order.
Lastly: don’t forget that tomorrow, Tuesday, September 28, is the absolute last day to submit your homework and testimonials for consideration in The Tutor’s Gallery. Doctor’s notes, arraignment hearings, and stories about cockroaches eating your homework will fall upon deaf ears starting Wednesday… so don’t miss your chance to be a part of the excitement!